You see the commercials on television, read the ads in magazine and never really think about gas and bloating until it happens to you. Gas and bloating can cause you to be uncomfortable and sometimes it is even painful. If you are in public when you experience gas and bloating, it can also be embarrassing.
Natural remedies that relieve gas and bloating
There are different things you can do when you get bloated and filled with air. Here is a list of some of the natural things you can do that provide relief;
- Go for a walk, movement helps to relieve gas which will eliminate some of the bloating.
- Avoid stress which can cause acid to build that may not only result in indigestion but also gas and bloating.
- Ginger root and ginger ale can help alleviate gas.
- Take Probiotics daily to help balance your intestinal flora.
- Drink a cleansing tea. There are many on the market. The tea helps you clean out your intestines which will wash flush out the gas and help bloating symptoms.
- CharcoCaps is a natural remedy made from coconut shells that adsorbs gas in your gut, helping to relieve embarrassing gas and bloating symptoms
Foods that cause gas
There are many foods that cause this problem. If you limit those foods in your diet it will cut down on these bloating symptoms. Some of those foods are:
- Many varieties of beans.
- Brussels sprouts.
- Dairy products, especially if you are lactose intolerant.
- Peaches, Pears and Prunes.
While woman seem to fight bloating symptoms more than men or at least we hear about it more from woman, I am sure men experience bloating symptoms now and again. When you are bloated you know it because your clothing gets tight around the middle. Many women with PMS retain water and get bloated shortly before their menstrual cycle. There are over the counter medications you can take for that but you can also eat papaya, yogurt, and fiber. I know it sounds like a contradiction to drink water when you are bloated but it really does help to flush your system. If your bloating is being caused by PMS, try the foods recommended and know that you will be back to normal in 2 to 3 days.
If you make some small changes in your habits and diet, you will see a definite improvement. We all have gas and bloating symptoms from time to time but it should never stop you from living a fun and happy life.